Here you can find a complete list of all of my publications, from anthology book contributions to magazine articles to self-published novels. This page is regularly updated with links to my latest publications.
If you would prefer to view my professional writing portfolio rather than the informal list below, please visit my portfolio website.
Thy Geekdom Come: 42 Fandom-Inspired Devotionals Book
In late 2017, I was given the opportunity to contribute to a devotional book that explores Christian truths through the context of popular fandoms (um, yes please?!). This anthology-style book released from Mythos & Ink on May 25, 2019 and includes five devotionals that I wrote or co-wrote:
- “The Only Opinion that Matters”
- “Jealous Like Loki”
- “The Red in Your Ledger”
- “Summoning Spiritual Growth” (co-written)
- “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Anxiety” (co-written)
Area of Effect: Wisdom from Geek Culture Book
I worked as a Staff Writer for Area of Effect magazine from May 2017 to October 2018. At the end of 2018, Geekdom House (the organization that produced Area of Effect) evolved into a publishing company called Mythos & Ink, and Area of Effect changed from a magazine to an anthology book.
The first volume of the anthology was published in March 2019 and contains three of my articles:
- “Facing Anxiety in a Wide World”
- “Overcoming Prejudice with Beren and Lúthien”
- “RWBY Chibi and Wanting Happy Endings”
Along with numerous articles and poems from writer friends of mine!
Think Christian Articles
I became a Contributing Writer for Think Christian magazine in December 2018. Think Christian explores the themes of Christianity that may be found in pop culture. The magazine’s slogan, “no such thing as secular,” refers to the fact that God often reveals Himself in unlikely places, whether human creators intend it or not.
Below is a list of my Think Christian articles, which are available for free online reading:
- “Finding Hope in Hobbit Day” – September 2019
- “Glimpsing the Almighty in My Hero Academia‘s All Might” – July 2019
- “Anticipating Avengers: Endgame—and Easter” – April 2019
- “The Lego Movie 2: Daring to Build in a Broken World“ – February 2019
- “RWBY and Finding Strength in Weakness” – December 2018
Area of Effect Articles
During my time writing for Area of Effect magazine, I contributed a total of 21 articles. The magazine’s website is currently inactive, so my previous articles cannot be accessed online. However, if you’re interested, here is a list of all the articles I wrote for Area of Effect (as mentioned above, three of these were included in the anthology book).
These are my one-time articles that have been published in various journals and online magazines.
- “5 Best Student-Friendly Movie Theaters” – Imprint online magazine – Spring 2017
- “One World to Rule Them All: How J.R.R. Tolkien Used Original Intertext to Create Middle-Earth” – Young Scholars in Writing, Volume 13 – Spring 2016
Guest Blog Posts
These are blog articles I’ve had the privilege of contributing to other bloggers’ websites.
- “5 Important Tips Fiction Writers Can Learn from Screenwriting” – Go Teen Writers blog – May 2017
Although poetry is not my main focus as a writer, I thoroughly enjoy writing and experimenting with poetry from time to time.
- “Soul Storm” – The Penmen Review – March 2019
Wattpad is a social media-based website where writers can post their stories. Wattpad users can follow writers, read their posted writing for free, and leave votes and comments on the stories. You can find me by my username, authorcaitlineha, or just by searching “Caitlin Eha.” Did I mention you can read my Wattpad books for FREE?
Title: Dr. Flynn’s Shelter for Peculiar Animals (read here)
Genre: Middle Grade Contemporary Fantasy
Summary: I never asked to be different. Still, I guess a girl named “Althea” couldn’t expect to be totally normal. My parents never really helped matters either. It was their idea to go to Dr. Flynn’s Shelter for Peculiar Animals for my thirteenth birthday, instead of an ordinary dog shelter as I requested. That visit to Dr. Flynn’s brought my life to a whole new level of “different.” But I’m getting ahead of myself…My name is Althea Monroe, and the book you’re holding is my story. Hang on tight.